Graduation ticket booking is CLOSED
Ticket booking for the July Ceremonies closed on 3 June.
If you missed the deadline and wish to attend your ceremony, you should contact the Events Office immediately by calling 020 7882 5895 or 020 7882 3485. A member of the team will then advise you if there is any space in your ceremony. As you are booking after the deadline we cannot guarantee guest tickets are now available, but we will make every effort to accommodate you and your guests if there is space available.
• Your ticket to graduate is free-of-charge.
• Guest tickets for all ceremonies are priced at £25 per person.
• You will be able to book two guest tickets initially and request up to two more extra tickets (see Extra Tickets section below for more information).
• Tickets for all ceremonies are subject to availability. Queen Mary, University of London reserves the right to withdraw tickets from sale before the booking deadline if necessary. Furthermore, any extra tickets will be offered to those who request them earliest. You are therefore strongly advised to book as early as possible
• Tickets will not be sent to you in advance - you collect your tickets on the day of the ceremony when you arrive at at Mile End in the People's Palace foyer area.
• By making a booking for any ceremony, you and all other ticket-holders agree to the Terms and Conditions
What your ticket includes:
• Entry to the Graduation Ceremony in the Great Hall at Mile End.
• A souvenir ceremony programme for each ticket-holder.
• Entry to the reception held after the ceremony in the Octagon where drinks and food is served.
You will be permitted to book two guest tickets initially, but you can also put in a request for up to two more guest tickets at the time of booking. If you request extra tickets you will be added to a waiting list for your ceremony; the earlier you book, the higher up the waiting list you will be. Once booking closes on Friday 24 May, the Events Office will establish if there are any spare seats available in your ceremony. If extra tickets are available, they will be allocated to those on the waiting list from Friday 31 May onwards - starting with those who booked earliest. Submitting an extra ticket request will cost you nothing and there is no obligation for you to buy them if you are successful - if you don't need them they will be offered to the next person on the waiting list.
Extra guest tickets are not guaranteed and you are strongly advised not to make travel arrangements for guests unless you have confirmed ceremony tickets for them. Queen Mary will not be liable for any losses direct, or otherwise, incurred by graduates or their guests if they are not successful in obtaining extra ceremony tickets.
Children under 5
Please note that ceremonies are not suitable for children under the age of five and they will not be allowed the Great Hall. Adults accompanying young children can watch the ceremony in the Live Relay Theatre on a big screen. If you wish to watch the ceremony on the screen, the adult will require a ticket in order to then attend the post-ceremony drinks reception. These tickets are offered at the reduced price of £15 and allows entry for ONE adult plus up to two children under 5 years of age.
How to book
Please locate your ceremony from the list below and then click on the relevant BOOK button to be redirected to the booking page for that ceremony. Please ensure you have read this page before making a booking, including the Terms and Conditions
|Ceremony Date||Ceremony Time||Graduating Schools||Booking Status|
|Monday 15 July||10:30am||School of Law, Centre for Commercial Law Studies|
School of Medicine & Dentistry - 50% of MBBS
The allocation of tickets for this event has now sold out. MBBS graduands should now book tickets for the 4.30pm ceremony (see below).
|4:30pm||School of Medicine & Dentistry - 50% of MBBS|
|Tuesday 16 July||10:30am||School of Medicine & Dentistry - BDS awards, Intercalating awards and Research Degree (PhD/MD) awards only.|
|1:30pm||School of English & Drama|
|4:30pm||School of History, School of Politics & International Relations|
|Wednesday 17 July||10:30am||School of Languages, Linguistics & Film|
|1:30pm||School of Business & Management|
|4:30pm||School of Geography, School of Economics & Finance|
|Thursday 18 July||10:30am||School of Electronic Engineering & Computer Science|
|1:30pm||School of Engineering & Materials Science|
|4:30pm||School of Mathematical Sciences, School of Physics & Astronomy|
|Friday 19 July||10:30am|
School of Biological & Chemical Sciences - following programmes only:
All Foundation Degrees; F100 Chemistry; F152 Pharmaceutical Chemistry MSci; F153 Pharmaceutical Chemistry BSc; F1C7 Chemistry with Biochemistry; F1N2 Chemistry with Business Management;C700 Biochemistry;C800 Psychology; C1C8 Biology with Psychology.
School of Biological & Chemical Sciences - following programmes only:
B990 Biomedical Sciences; C100 Biology; C300 Zoology; C3C1 Zoology with Aquatic Biology; C400 Genetics; C431 Medical Genetics; C7FK Molecular Biology with Forensic Science; Plus all PhD awards from SBCS.
By making a booking for any ceremony, you and all ticket-holders agree to the following:
1. Tickets for all ceremonies are subject to availability. Queen Mary, University of London reserves the right to withdraw tickets from sale before the booking deadline if necessary. Furthermore, any spare tickets will be offered to those who requested them earliest. You are therefore strongly advised to book as early as possible.
2. If you owe money to the College you will not be permitted to graduate. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have paid all fees, library fines and other debts at least 28 days before your graduation date. Those who clear debts after this time may not have their name printed in the ceremony souvenir programme.
3. You must graduate with your school/department in the correct ceremony - please ensure you register for the correct ceremony.
4. Children under five years old are not permitted to sit in the Great Hall for the ceremony. We have provided a screen in the foyer of the Great Hall where children under five can watch the ceremony accompanied by an adult. Tickets are required for the live TV screen and are priced at £15 each (to cover the cost of the drinks reception for the adult). Each ticket allows entry for one adult and up to two children aged under 5 years.
5. Due to the very short time scales between the announcement of results and the ceremonies, tickets will only be available for collection on the day.
6. Latecomers will not be admitted. All graduands and guests must be seated 30 minutes before the start of the ceremony. You are advised to arrive two hours before the ceremony starts to pick up your tickets and collect your gown.
7. Queen Mary, University of London reserves the right to refuse admission to the ceremony. Please ensure you and your guests are aware of the policy on appropriate dress which can be viewed here. The College also reserves the right to ask any person to leave the ceremony and/or ceremony venue if the College considers they are causing a disruption to the ceremony or other guests.
8. Tickets purchased for Queen Mary graduation ceremonies are non-refundable. The only exception to this policy is that refunds will be issued in the case of academic failure by the student due to graduate. In these circumstances a full refund will be offered, although this will not be issued automatically. Students who have not successfully completed their course must contact the Events Office by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with their name, course details and student ID number by Friday 14 December 2012. Requests for a refund will then be reviewed and verified against your student record before a refund is issued to the credit/debit card used to make the booking. This process may take up to 28 days
9. All students and their guests attending a graduation ceremony agree that still and video images will be taken during the event and used by Queen Mary, University of London for publicity purposes. Students are also advised that their name will be printed in the ceremony programme and printed on souvenir clothing offered for sale by Campus Clothing. Please click here for more information.
10. Tickets are not transferrable between students. Only the graduating student can collect their tickets on the day of the ceremony and photographic ID will be required to collect your tickets.
11. If the graduation ceremonies cannot take place or are delayed due to circumstances beyond the control of the College, including (without limitation) fire, explosion, terrorist act (or threat of terrorist act), act of God, pandemic, or as a result of any industrial action or dispute involving the College, or the venue at which the ceremonies are due to be held, the College will not be liable for any losses direct, or otherwise, incurred by graduates or their guests. The College will, where at all possible, make alternative arrangements for any graduates affected, but graduates and their guests should ensure that they have sufficient insurance protection to cover any losses they might suffer as a result of a ceremony being cancelled or delayed.
12. If you or any of your guests are fasting for the month of Ramadan, you can request a partial refund of your ticket cost. Once you have booked your tickets, you must contact the Events Office (email@example.com or 020 7885 5895) by Friday 14 June in order for this refund to be processed.We regret that we are unable to offer a refund after this time as catering numbers will be confirmed with our suppliers.