Do you want to study at a leading university that’s going places?
There’s never been a more exciting time to study at Queen Mary. Here’s why:
- We’ve joined the Russell Group of 24 leading UK universities.
- In the National Student Survey 2011, 88 per cent of our students were satisfied with their time here – that’s equal best among the large universities in London.
- The Guardian’s 2013 University Guide lists seven Queen Mary subject areas in the top 10, including law, medicine, dentistry, materials science, English, film studies and geography. We’re also number one for drama in the UK.
- We’ve spent more than £250m on new facilities in the last 15 years and are the only university in London with a completely self-contained campus at our Mile End home, so you can enjoy the benefits of a campus lifestyle, while being minutes from central London.
- We attract the best academics to the College, and are now one of the leading UK universities for research (11th in the UK in most recent RAE - The Guardian).
- We’re investing £23 million in new IT services to make student life easier such as QMplus, our dynamic Online Learning Environment, which is currently being rolled out and will have everything you need for your studies all in one place. We’ve increased our lecture capture service, which means more video recordings of lectures for you to catch up on in your own time (and refresh memories during exam time). Just to top it off, there’s now web-based email and we’ve just introduced new print services, with one easy-to-manage online account for your print, copy and wireless printing needs.
- Our excellent teaching staff include high-profile names such as Peter Hennessy, Amanda Vickery and Tom Asbridge in History; Jacqueline Rose in English; Carl Murray in Physics and Astronomy; and Qazi Rahman in Biological and Chemical Sciences. As well as their articles and books, you may know them from radio and TV programmes (eg Professor Vickery’s BBC 2 series At Home with the Georgians, Dr Asbridge’s BBC 2 series The Crusades, and Qazi Rahman’s recent appearance on BBC 3’s I Woke up Gay).
- We’re in the top 10 universities for graduate starting salaries in the UK (The Sunday Times University Guide 2013).
- The area around our campus is one of the most stimulating in London, just a short walk from Brick Lane and Shoreditch, and close to the City and Canary Wharf. With the Olympics being held just down the road, this year is particularly special – a new park is being created, the Emirates cable car is now open and the area’s shiny new Boris bikes are ready for hire.