Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgTelephone: 020 7882 6133
After completing an MSc in Medical Statistics at the University of Leicester, Vichithranie worked for Cancer Research UK on a study that evaluated the impact of an oral cancer campaign conducted by them. She was also attached to the University of York and carried out a systematic review and meta-analysis assessing the effectiveness of non-pharmacological interventions for osteoarthritis of the knee.
Subsequently in 2010 Vichithranie joined the Perinatal Institute in Birmingham as a Specialist Public Health Epidemiologist and was involved in analysing the perinatal mortality/morbidity data collected as part of the research and clinical governance projects carried out within the institute. She joined the Centre for Primary Care and Public Health at Queen Mary University London in 2013.
- Madurasinghe VW, Sandra Eldridge on behalf of MRC START Group and Gordon Forbes on behalf of the START Expert Consensus Group. Guidelines for reporting embedded recruitment trials. Trials. 2016;17:27. doi:10.1186/s13063-015-1126-y.
- Robson J, Dostal I,Sheikh A, et al. The NHSHealth Check in England:an evaluation of the first 4 years.BMJOpen2016;6:e008840. doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2015-008840.
- Madurasinghe et al.: Developing guidelines for reporting embedded recruitment trials. Trials 2015 16 (Suppl 2):O12.
- Bower et al.: Testing the effectiveness of user-tested patient information on recruitment rates across multiple trials: meta-analysis of data from the start programme.Trials201516 (Suppl 2):P84.
- Man M-S, on behalf of the Healthlines Study Group, Rick J, Bower P, on behalf of the MRC-START Group. Improving recruitment to a study of telehealth management for long-term conditions in primary care: two embedded, randomised controlled trials of optimised patient information materials. Trials. 2015;16:309. doi:10.1186/s13063-015-0820-0.
- Robson, John, Isabel Dostal, Vichithranie Madurasinghe, Aziz Sheikh, Sally Hull, Kambiz Boomla, Helen Page, Chris Griffiths, and Sandra Eldridge. "The NHS Health Check programme: implementation in east London 2009–2011." BMJ open 5, no. 4 (2015): e007578.
- Rick, Jo et al. “Systematic Techniques for Assisting Recruitment to Trials (START): Study Protocol for Embedded, Randomized Controlled Trials.” Trials 15 (2014): 407. PMC. Web. 3 May 2015.
- Steed L, Kassavou K, Madurasinghe VW, Edwards EA, Todd A, Summerbell CD, Nkansah N, Bero L, Durieux P, Taylor SJC, Rivas C, Walton RT. Community pharmacy interventions for health promotion: effects on professional practice and health outcomes (Protocol). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2014, Issue 7. Art. No.: CD011207. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD011207.
- S Giddings, S Clifford, V Madurasinghe, J Gardosi, PFM.69 Customised vs uncustomised ultrasound charts in the assessment of perinatal mortality risk in the South Asian maternity population, Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 2014;99:Suppl 1 A104 doi:10.1136/archdischild-2014-306576.298
- M.S. Corbett, S.J.C. Rice, V. Madurasinghe, R. Slack, D.A. Fayter, M. Harden, A.J. Sutton, H. MacPherson, N.F. Woolacott, Acupuncture and other physical treatments for the relief of pain due to osteoarthritis of the knee: network meta-analysis, Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, Volume 21, Issue 9, September 2013, Pages 1290-1298, ISSN 1063-4584, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.joca.2013.05.007. (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1063458413008005)
- Gardosi J, Madurasinghe V ,Williams M ,Malik A ,Francis A. Maternal and fetal risk factors for stillbirth: population based study. BMJ 2013; 346:f108
- Jason Gardosi, Vichithranie Madurasinghe, Mandy Williams, Asad Malik, André Francis. Maternal and Fetal Risk Factors for Stillbirth. Obstetrical and Gynecological Survey 01/2013; 68(5):329-331. DOI:10.1097/OGX.0b013e31829183a7.
- Paula L. McClements, Vichithranie Madurasinghe, Catherine S. Thomson, Callum G. Fraser, Francis A. Carey, Robert J.C. Steele, Gill Lawrence, David H. Brewster, Impact of the UK colorectal cancer screening pilot studies on incidence, stage distribution and mortality trends, Cancer Epidemiology, Volume 36, Issue 4, August 2012, Pages e232-e242, ISSN 1877-7821,10.1016/j.canep.2012.02.006. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1877782112000197