Sally Hull, MRCP, FRCGP, MSc
Clinical Reader in Primary Care Development
Email: email@example.comTelephone: 020 7882 2536
Sally Hull has been a GP in Tower Hamlets, Jubilee Street Practice, for 30 years following training at Cambridge and St Thomas’ Hospital London.
She was a founder member of the original London Hospital Department of General Practice teaching team in 1984.
Since 1996 she has been one of the three GP clinical leads in the Clinical Effectiveness Group. This team promotes primary care development, through the use of locally tailored guidelines, audit and practice based education. The group is also involved in postgraduate education and research related to the delivery of high quality care for chronic disease.
Sally Hull is a GP in Tower Hamlets and one of the three clinical leads for the Clinical Effectiveness Group (CEG) based at QMUL. She is one of the Respiratory (COPD) leads for Tower Hamlets PCT, and is an active member of the Local Medical Committee (LMC)
- Clinical effectiveness module as part of the BMedSci programme
- MSc in Transcultural Mental Health
- Teaching and supervision of FY2 and academic GP attachments
- Clinical teaching and presentations to GPs and other primary care practitioners in East London is a key part of the CEG role
- Ad hoc teaching on short courses
Health inequalities and delivery of primary care
Improving Chronic Disease Management in primary care
Chronic Kidney Disease, management and outcomes in primary care
Recent and ongoing research projects:
- Health equity project, funded by the Health Foundation 2008-11
- Improving the management of anticoagulation in atrial fibrillation, in conjunction with Guys Kings Thomas’s department of primary care.
- Evaluation of the childhood immunisation programme, Tower Hamlets Primary Care Trust
- The impact of ethnicity on progression of CKD in diabetes in east London
Hull, S; Mathur, R; Badrick, E; Robson, J., Boomla, K. Recording ethnicity in primary care: assessing the methods and impact. British Journal of General Practice 2011; 61:290-294
Hull SA, Dreyer G, Aitken Z, Chessor A, Yaqoob M
How does ethnicity affect the prevalence and management of CKD among diabetics in east London? Quarterly Journal of Medicine, 2009; 102(4):261-9
Hull SA, Hagdrup N, Griffiths C, Tudor-Hart B, Hennessey E. Boosting Flu Immunisation: A randomised controlled trial of telephone appointing in general practice. British Journal of General Practice, 2002, 52, 712-6
View all Sally Hull's Research Publications at: http://www.researchpublications.qmul.ac.uk