Mr Victor Kung
Honorary Clinical Research Fellow
Victor Kung is Honorary Clinical Research Fellow at Queen Mary University of London and Specialty Registrar in General Surgery at the London Deanery. He qualified from University of Cambridge and Imperial College London in 2007. He was appointed as a NIHR Academic Clinical Fellow in 2010 and completed a MRes in Clinical Research. He is currently undertaking a PhD at the National Bowel Research Centre to investigate the changes in enteric nerves and gastrointestinal motility with ageing using novel technologies.
Mr Kung is a member of European Society of Coloproctology, Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland, and the Society of Academic Research Surgery. He is Treasurer of the London Surgical Research Group and has authored 10 peer-reviewed publications.
- Broad J, Maurel D, Kung VWS, Hicks GA, Schemann M, Barnes MR, Kenakin TP, Granier S, Sanger GJ. Human native kappa opioid receptor functions not predicted by recombinant receptors: Implications for drug design. Scientific Reports. Aug 5; 6: 30797. doi: 10.1038/srep30797
- McGuire C, Boundouki G, Hockley JRF, Reed D, Cibert-Goton V, Peiris M, Kung V, Broad J, Aziz Q, Chan C, Ahmed S, Thaha MA, Sanger GJ, Blackshaw LA, Knowles CH, Bulmer DC. Ex vivo study of human visceral nociceptors. 2016 Sep 21. pii: gutjnl-2016-311629. doi: 10.1136/gutjnl-2016-311629.
- Broad J, Kung VWS, Boundouki G, Aziz Q, De Maeyer JH, Knowles CH, Sanger GJ. Cholinergic interactions between donepezil and prucalopride in human colon:
potential to treat severe intestinal dysmotility. British Journal of Pharmacology. 2013 Nov; 170(6):1253-61 PMID: 24032987
- Aiken AM, Haddow JB, Symons NR, Kaptanis S, Katz-Summercorn AC, Debnath D, Dent H, Tayeh S, Kung V, Clark S, Gahir J, Dindyal S, Farag S, Lazaridis A, Bretherton CP, Williams S, Currie A, West H, Davies J, Arora S, Kheraj A, Stubbs BM, Yassin N, Mallappa S, Garrett G, Hislop S, Bhangu A, Abbey Y, Al-Shoek I, Ahmad U, Sharp G, Memarzadeh A, Patel A, Ali F, Kaderbhai H, Knowles CH. Use of antibiotic prophylaxis in elective inguinal hernia repair in adults in London and south-east England: a cross-sectional survey. 2013 Oct; 17(5): 657-64
- Sanger GJ, Broad J, Kung V, Knowles CH. Translational neuropharmacology: the use of human isolated gastrointestinal tissues. British Journal of Pharmacology. 2013 Jan; 168(1):28-43.
- Dabare D, Lo TTH, McCormack DJ, Kung VWS. What is the role of screening in the management of abdominal aortic aneurysm? Interactive Journal of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery. 2012 Apr; 14(4): 399-405.
- Kung VWS, Jarral O, Shipolini A, McCormack DJ. Is it safe to perform coronary angiography in acute infective endocarditis? Interactive Journal of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery. 2011 Aug; 13(2): 158-67.
- Kung VWS, Wong G, Zhu XL, Ying SY, Ahuja AT, Poon WS, Ng Solitary skull metastasis of thyroid papillary carcinoma. ANZ Journal of Surgery. 2007; 77(11): 1030-1.
- Kung VWS, Hassam R, Morton AJ and Jones S. Dopamine-dependent long term potentiation in the dorsal striatum is reduced in the R6/2 mouse model of Huntington’s disease.
Neuroscience. 2007; 146: 1571-1580
- Gizatullin F, Yao Y, Kung V, Harding MW, Loda M, and Shapiro GI
The aurora kinase inhibitor VX-680 induces endoreplication and apoptosis preferentially in cells with compromised p53-dependent post-mitotic checkpoint function. Cancer research. 2006; 66(15): 7668-7677