Applications are submitted online and will be open from October 2017. Full details including application deadlines will be made available at this time. Sign up to receive email notification when applications open.
There is no application fee for the QMUL Summer School.
Please note that we require the following supporting documents to be uploaded along with your online application:
- Current academic transcript or record of studies to date
- Reference Letter – supplied by someone who has been acquainted with your academic work for at least one year and within the current academic year. Please note that students applying from one of our Partner Institutions are not required to provide an academic reference.
- English Language Evidence – for students whose first language is not English please see Entry Requirements for full details.
Applicants should have completed a minimum of two semesters study at their home institution. We welcome international qualifications and every application is considered individually on academic merit. Please find a list of some international qualifications accepted. If your qualification or country of study is not listed below please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for advice.
All modules are taught and assessed in English. Applicants must meet the minimum English Language requirements to study on QMUL Summer School.
If English is not your first language or you are applying from a non-majority English speaking country, we will require you to prove your English language proficiency by taking internationally validated tests such as IELTS.
Please refer to the English Language Requirements information on our website. Please refer to the ‘Undergraduate Programmes’ entry requirement listed for your academic School of interest. If you are unsure if you meet these requirements please contact us at email@example.com
Tuition and Social Programme: £1,499* per session
Accommodation: £899 per session for an en-suite room with breakfast provided each day.
Discounts: Early Payment, current student, alumni and students from official QMUL partner institution fee discounts apply. Please see below:
- Students applying from partner universities: a 10% fee reduction
- Current students or alumni: 10% fee reduction
- Early bird application discount: all applications submitted before 28th February 2018 will be entitled to a 25% discount on accepting a study offer
Please note that some modules have some additional fees not included in the Tuition and Social Programme Fee. These fees are for activities and field trips that may take place off QMUL campus. Please check details for your chosen module to confirm any additional costs.
Please note there is no deposit payment required for the QMUL Summer School.
Information for Partners and Alumni
QMUL Partners: Students from partner universities who attend the QMUL Summer School will receive a tuition fee reduction of 10%. Early application discounts also apply and students from partner institutions are entitled to both discounts. Please see our fees page for full details.
We welcome new universities to contact us regarding QMUL Summer School. If you would like to discuss this and how to become an official partner of the QMUL Summer School please contact Ceri Bevan, Head of Global Opportunities on firstname.lastname@example.org.
QMUL Students and Alumni: Current QMUL students and alumni receive a tuition fee reduction of 10% on the QMUL Summer School. Please state on your application if you are a current student or a graduate.
Students are guaranteed accommodation on our self-contained campus. Access to accommodation will be available the Sunday prior to the start of your QMUL Summer School programme. Full details about rooms, key collection and moving in will be issued to you prior to arrival at QMUL.
Summer School students are offered accommodation on our Mile End campus, providing you apply by the deadline. All accommodation on campus is in modern, self-catered apartments. All rooms are single and the majority have en-suite (private) bathroom facilities. Typically rooms are grouped in flats for between four and eleven students, with shared kitchen facilities.
All bedrooms are carpeted, equipped with a single bed, wash basin, wardrobe, fridge, bookshelves, desk, chair, desk lamp and storage space, and data points for free Internet connections.
Shared kitchens are equipped with refrigerators/freezers, cookers, storage cupboards, food preparation spaces and dining areas.
Accommodation can be booked online and you will be charged for the duration of your stay at the time of booking.
Welcome and Social Programme
QMUL Summer School offers a full Welcome and Social Programme designed to give students full academic and social support. This includes airport collection, social events and student support to help to make the most of your London study experience.
The full Welcome and Social Programme will be made available prior to arrival at QMUL, but is likely to include:
- Free Airport Collection
- Welcome Meal
- Orientation and Induction
- Campus Tours
- Local Neighbourhood Walking Tour
- Thames Boat Cruise
- Certificate Ceremony
Please note that additional optional social events will be available to you. These may incur an additional fee. Full details will be provided including how to book these optional events prior to your arrival at QMUL.
This page provides you with essential pre-arrival information to help you prepare for the QMUL Summer School. Please ensure you check this page on a regular basis for updates as we have more information to share with you.
- Emails you’ll receive from us: Information to be released in Autumn 2017
- Expenses and module excursions: Information to be released in Autumn 2017
- Getting from the airport: Our Welcome and Social Programme will provide free airport collection from Heathrow Airport for students arriving on a specified date. Further details to be announced in Autumn 2017
- Safety in London: London is a relatively safe city in which to live and study although, if you are new to the city, it is sensible to take reasonable precautions during your time here
- Travelling around London: London is an easily accessible city and there is a lot to explore
- Welfare, advice and counselling: QMUL has a range of support services should you need extra help and advice during your time here